Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Losing Mental Fecal Matter


I saw a movie recently called Mysterious Skin. It is by far the most intensely explicit and hard to watch films I had ever encountered (yes, it was even worst than Requiem for a Dream). The movie, I thought was a realistic and harsh portrayal of the ever cringe-inducing subject matter of child sexual abuse which a lot people just wouldn't touch with a thirty-foot pole. But what makes this film successful was far beyond it having an alluring cast and compelling storyline. For little details such the setting and the atmosphere really make the viewers relate to the story and empathize with the characters' afflictions. And the most poignant element which really made this movie what it is, is the music. The soundtrack to this movie is primarily composed of songs by shoegaze bands from the 90's. As a total nut of everything 90's and even a bigger nut for shoegaze/noise rock, I natural lost my shit when I heard songs from bands like Slowdive and Curve and Cocteau Twins.


"Golden Hair" --- Slowdive.


Currently my favorite song.

2 comments:

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

YOU LOOK SO FIERCE.

Also, that movie sounds awesome. And the actor is rather attractive, which is always a (very vain) plus.

And I'd like to know where your title originated from. Hahah. But REALLY!

QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

josie said...

the movie sounds good, i'll have to look into that.
and you look really nice as always :)
thanks for your really sweet comment!
x x x